Whether it is a new or home renovation project you are working on, driving fasteners or drilling holes are common tasks. To make the work easier and as precise as you desire, it is advisable to choose the best drill for the right project. For a variety of some of the finest drills that you can choose from, read through for more insights.
Top Rated Chainsaws. Our Picks
|DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill / Driver...||4,101 Reviews||$112.99||See More Details|
|BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Drill /...||16,790 Reviews||$49.00||See More Details|
|Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit...||2,230 Reviews||See More Details|
|4,151 Reviews||See More Details|
|Cordless Drill with 2 Batteries -...||3,518 Reviews||$46.99||See More Details|
Drill Driver Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: DEWALT DCD777C2 Compact Brushless Drill/Driver
- Brushless Motor: Longer Motor life and 30 percent more runtime than brushed
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: Has built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release
- Ergonomic Design : Compact (752 in front to back) and Lightweight (2.6 pounds) Design fits into tight areas
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLE: Provides ideal balance and tool Control
- Includes: (1) DCD777 Compact Brushless Drill/Driver, (2) Li ion Batteries, (1) Charger, and (1) Kit Bag
The DEWALT DCD777C2 compact brushless drill/driver is a tool that promises high-performance thanks to its strong motor that delivers up to 300-unit watts. The tool is also compact and lightweight, making it easy to move on and off-site with it. Additionally, its lightweight design (7.52” front to back) makes it fit into the tightest of areas.
The drill also has a LED laser guide light with 20-second trigger for increased cutting visibility. It also has an ergonomic and comfortable grip that guarantees increased balance and control and reduced fatigue.
- Powerful motor
- Lightweight design and portability.
- Increased visibility
- Compact grip handle
- Abrupt power transition.
- Low starting speed torque.
- The handle is small.
2. Budget Pick: Black+Decker LDX120C Drill/Driver
- Ideal for drilling into wood, metal plastic and all screw driving tasks
- Chuck Size: 3/8 inch; Clutch Setting: 11; Included Components: (1) LDX120 Drill/Driver, (1) LBX20 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Battery, (1) LCS20 Charger, (1) Double Ended Bit; Power Source: Cordless
- Lithium Ion Technology & 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
- 11 Position Clutch: Provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all screwdriving tasks
- Compact and Lightweight: Less fatigue and allows users to drill / screw in confined spaces. Part of the 20V MAX System A System that Demands Attention
The Black+Decker drill/driver is a versatile tool as it can be used for drilling into wooden, metallic, and plastic work pieces and all screw driving tasks. The tool is also a better lifetime companion as it is lighter, more compact, and durable. Additionally, its compact and lightweight design ensures less fatigue to the user while allowing them to reach even the most confined spots.
With its 11-position clutch, the drill ensures precise control. It also features variable speed control, a feature that allows for countersinking at the right speeds without getting materials damaged.
- Lightweight design
- Variable speed control
- Not ideal for large continuous projects.
- The chuck may get frozen from time to time.
3. Upgrade Pick: Bosch DDB181-02 Cordless Drill/Driver
- Compact: Most compact cordless 18 Volt power drill driver, 3 pounds Of lightweight design allows for optimal handling in even the tightest spaces
- Light Weight : Lightest weight 18V electric battery powered compact drill driver for more efficiency and less fatigue during the toughest impact drilling or screw driving applications
- High Torque & Speed: High torque and speed at only 3 pounds, The Bosch DDB181 02 Provides 350 pounds Of optimized torque for powerful fastening and 1,300 RPM for fast, efficient power drilling
- Convenience: Includes LED Light illuminating the darkest work spaces and contractor bag for portability making it the complete power tool
- Variable Speed: 2 speed transmission, one for heavy duty projects and one for speed, both provide optimized torque and efficiency for powerful screw driving and precise drilling
Our upgrade pick is the Bosch DDB181-02, a lightweight and compact tool for optimal handling, reduced fatigue, and getting through tight spaces. The drill also produces high torque and speeds for powerful fastening and efficient drilling power. Additionally, the tool features a LED lighting technology for illuminating while working in darker workplaces or spots.
The Bosch DDB181-02 drill features a variable speed control with a 2-speed transmission. This feature allows one to switch from speed for heavy-duty to light-duty projects and back per the need. The speeds also provide enough torque optimized for precise drilling and powerful screw driving.
- LED laser guide
- High torque and speeds.
- Variable speed control.
- Works with low voltage batteries.
- Lightweight for heavy-duty projects.
4. KIMO Cordless Drill Driver Kit
The cordless drill/driver kit from KIMO has a 21+1+1 clutch and two variable speed control for precision drilling and screw driving. The tool is also versatile enough as it is designed as a hammer, drill, and driver. Also, it features an all-copper motor for stabilized operations from a lighter, cooler, and more efficient tool.
The drill is also compact and lightweight which allows for its portability as well as usage through tight spots. Its lightweight also ensures to reduce fatigue on the user. Additionally, it comes with a 46-piece accessory pack eliminating the worry of purchasing other accessories.
- High torque
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Variable speed control.
- Built-in LED light.
- Built-in reverse control.
- Keyless chuck
- Not powerful enough as a hammer drill.
5. GOXAWEE Cordless Drill
- ◆READY TO GO Drill Set: GOXAWEE Home Drill Set comes with a complete drill bit sets that can work on both wood and metal. The Masonry Drill Bit is especially for drill concrete hole. The extra up to 100pcs accessories enable the electric drill more functional & practical. The tool box is very sturdy and conveniently organizes the tool and accessories. It's a You Cannot Miss everyday Drill/Driver for home users.
- ◆NO INTERRUPTION on Project: You can constantly work your task. This cordless drill came with 2pcs 1500mAh Li-ion Batteries and 1-hour fast charger that can use for a long time after each charge. The additional battery is a bonus that makes the cordless screwdriver drill always ready to use without restriction. It's also a good investment for the jobs around the house and garden.
- ◆Accurate Control & Adjustable Mode: The variable speed trigger allows for precise speed control by your own fingers. Besides, the cordless impact driver has a 2-speed setting button, 18 adjustable position clutch, 1 drill working mode, with the max 30N.m torque which offers you all the daily needs. It's also a fantastic tool for DIYer and Crafter.
- ◆Quick Chuck & Easy Use: Working with this power drill is pretty easy and straightforward. The Auto-lock metal Keyless Chuck provides an automatic spindle lock that enables easy one-hand changing bits. It's a very lightweight handy drill, comfortable to hold, and it more than makes up for it in time savings. You will feel work has become more relaxed by using it.
- ◆Sweet Little Surprise: Wider range - Flexible Shaft can use in the places where driver bits are hard to reach; Versatile usage - The Drill Brush, in conjunction with the screw driver drill can easily remove and clean stains; Warm after-sales - Once we received your messages, we will quick response and take action dependently.
The GOXAWEE cordless drill features a variable speed control mechanism that guarantees the user accurate control per the need. The tool also features an 18-position adjustable clutch for more precision and efficiency. In addition, it is a versatile 3-in-1 tool (as a hammer, driver, and drill).
The GOXAWEE drill is also designed with an auto-lock metal keyless chuck that provides an automatic spindle lock for easy one-hand changing of bits. With its lightweight, comfortable, and compact design, it makes for ease of handling and is also fatigue-free.
- Variable speed control.
- Versatility (drills through metal, wood, stone, and concrete).
- Auto-lock keyless chuck.
- Brad points for wood are slightly bent.
- User manual not reliable.
- The drill has a slight wobble/runout.
Things to Know When Buying a Drill
While shopping for a drill, your project’s needs, the drill features, and your handling comfort are among the top factors to consider. Among them, you should also consider:
Type of Drill
Drill types are varied, and the one you settle for should match your typical work. The commonest types you can choose from are corded drill, cordless drill/driver, cordless right-angle drill/driver, cordless impact driver, and cordless screwdriver. As per the name of each tool, the uses are different, and this should guide your shopping decisions.
Each drill/driver often comes in a kit with a myriad of cordless tools and accessories. When settling for a drill, it is crucial that you consider the components of a kit and whether your project will be needing them.
The user's comfort when handling a drill is of utmost importance. Working on projects such as attaching deck boards may require you to hold the drill for longer. If you want to avoid fatigue or twisting your wrist while still maintaining control, it is crucial that you get a drill with an ergonomic and non-slip handle.
Power and Speed
The power that a drill produces determines the results of the project at hand. The higher the power your drill has, the more its torque as well as the twisting strength. The same applies to lower power, which may translate into a low performance.
However, there is also a correlation between a drill's voltage and its weight, which may affect the handling. For example, a 40-volt drill/driver is heavier than an 18-volt one. Therefore, selecting a drill that will be comfortable yet productive enough may be capped on the voltage but should not be the only determinant.
A drill's speed is also varied and meant for a particular task. For cordless screw driving drills, the speeds can be anywhere between 300-400 RPM but with higher torque. Conversely, drilling speeds need to be somewhere between 1,200-1,500 RPM.
The chuck size determines the drill bit shank that the drill will hold. The more ideal the size, the more the flexibility of working on a range of projects from small holes in wood to large ones in concrete.
The pricing of each drill is specific to it from one manufacturer to the other. While shopping for one, you may want to check with the stores selling a cheaper drill yet an efficient one.
Whether you want to drill holes for hanging photos or are driving screws through concrete, choosing the best drill is crucial. However, getting the right one for your particular project is entirely dependent on your preferences as well as the project’s needs. Making the right buying decision is, therefore, not debatable if you want to settle for the best.
Last update on 2021-01-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API