For any workshop professional, DIYer, or beginner, the number need is for an efficient set of tools. It is one’s hope that they can land a tool that will meet all their needs and while at it, meet them to precision. With such a dire need, tool companies have invented such offerings like cordless drill combos to ensure the user can get more under one roof.
If you’re looking for such efficiency, getting the best cordless drill combo should be on your shopping list. This review has made it easier for you and you can expect to learn more about the different combos you can explore. You will also read about our editor’s, budget, and best value picks as well as a buying guide for a handy shopping experience.
Our Top Picks for the Best Cordless Drill Combo Kit
Our Editor’s pick for the best cordless drill combo is the DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless.... The combo is an ideal tool for professionals, amateurs, and DIYers as it comes with two tools, an impact driver and drill/driver under one roof. The tools are cordless, which gives the user increased efficiency even when power is not reliable, and they also feature powerful motors for improved performance with every application.
Cordless Drill Combo Reviews
1. Editor's Pick: DEWALT DCK240C2 20v Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit (1.3Ah)
Features and benefits
- The combo has two tools, a drill and impact driver, that ensure increased efficiency and functionality.
- The tools are battery-powered which makes them efficient to carry around and from one workshop to the other without cables. They only need the recommended batteries to get them running.
- The DCD771 (drill driver) has two transmission speeds (0 - 450 & 0 – 1500 RPM) which increases its performance and allows the user to change the transmissions to fit the application at hand.
- The drill driver also features a high-performance motor which delivers 300-unit watts out.
- The drill driver is also designed with a 1/2” single sleeve ratcheting chuck. This provides the much-needed tight bit gripping strength.
- The DCF885 (impact driver) features a 3 LED lights ring which has a 20-second delay. The ring makes visibility easy without shadows even in dark workplaces.
- The two tools have compact and lightweight designs which allow them to fit even into tight spots.
- The two tools in the combo boast of ergonomic handles that ensure increased handling comfort and control.
- Combo built for heavy-duty tasks.
- Considerably affordable
- Package includes a carry case.
- The tools are lightweight.
- The batteries’ running life is not reliable for longer projects.
2. Budget Pick: Black & Decker 20V MAX Drill/Driver Impact Combo Kit
Features and benefits
- The drill driver is designed with an 11-position clutch which helps to avoid stripped screws and damaging workpieces.
- The drill driver is versatile as it can be used to drill into metal, wood, and plastic materials and for all screw driving tasks.
- The drill driver is also designed with a keyless chuck which helps to hold the bits in place.
- The impact driver features a high-speed motor which allows it to run 0 – 300 rotations per minute and drill 0 – 3900 inches per minute.
- The impact driver also features a high transmission speed that allows it to deliver 1,375 in-lbs of maximum torque.
- The two tools feature LED work lights which makes precision easier as the user can see the line they are working on above the piecework.
- The lightweight design in both tools allows for ease of portability from one workplace to the other. The design also allows for the tools to be used even in tight spaces.
- The steel housing of the two tools ensures they can last for long.
- The drill driver features a lightweight and compact design.
- The drill driver is also versatile with different applications at a go.
- Solid build construction for both tools.
- The combo is sold with double-ended driver bits, a battery charger, and 20V Max* Lithium Ion battery.
- The drill may be a little challenge while working on heavy-duty applications.
- The LED lights are not bright enough for dark workrooms.
3. Upgrade Pick: Milwaukee 2897-22 M18 Fuel 2-Tool Combo Kit
Features and benefits
- The hammer drill features a powerful motor which offers speeds of up to 2,000 RPM and delivers up to 1,200 in-lbs. of torque. These features ensure it can provide faster drilling speeds even under heavy load thereby increasing productivity.
- The hammer drill is also designed with an all-metal ratcheting locking chuck which provides maximum grip, durability, and bit retention.
- The impact driver features a proprietary 4-mode drive control which enables it to drive screws faster while also offering greater control over power.
- The impact driver also has advanced cordless technology, a brushless motor, electronic intelligence, and REDTHILIUM battery technology. These features ensure that the user can enjoy prolonged motor life, more power, and more run time.
- The LED lighting technology on the impact driver provides precision since the user can view the work surface.
- The tools’ REDLINK PLUS intelligence ensures they offer maximum performance as well as protection against overheating, overload, and over-discharge.
- The two tools feature lightweight and compact designs which allow for them to be used in tight spaces.
- High speed and powerful motors.
- Belt clip, bit holder, side handle, extended capacity battery pack, battery charger, and carrying cases included.
- The chuck may jam and wobble after a number of applications.
- The rubber on the handles is sometimes sticky.
4. Bosch Power Tools Drill Kit – CLPK22-120, BC330
Features and benefits
- The Bosch PS31 features a 7.0-inch head-length which makes it easy to access tight workspaces.
- The power drill’s lightweight design ensures easy handling even in overhead operations or tight spots.
- The drill/driver is also designed with three LED mounted lights that guide the user while working in low-light settings.
- The impact driver has a variable speed dial which allows the user to switch speeds to fit each application.
- The impact driver also features a light body and a short head length. This ensures it is easy to handle even in tight and narrow spaces.
- Both tools are made with a resilient chassis and a Durashield housing which means they can handle any condition.
- LED light guide on the impact driver.
- The kit also comes with a contractor bag, two power drive bits, two Lithium batteries, and a 12V charger.
- Quick battery charging.
- Low voltage tools for large applications.
5. Makita CT322W 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 3-Pc. Combo Kit
Features and benefits
- The tools use fast charging batteries which reduces the time wasted while charging and in between applications. This allows the user to spend more time working and less charging.
- Makita has also installed computer controls which allows the tools and the batteries to exchange real-time data. This helps to monitor the conditions of the batteries during use and protect them and the tools against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating.
- The kit also consists of a LED flashlight which guarantees the users precision as they can see the workpiece they are working on.
- Both tools feature compact and lightweight designs thereby reducing operator fatigue.
- The tools are also designed with in-built lights that help to illuminate the work area.
- The products have 4-position head pivots that allow for versatility.
- Fast charging batteries.
- The combo also contains a LED flashlight, battery charger, two 18V Lithium compact batteries, and a battery charger in a carrier bag.
- Ergonomic and comfortable handles on both tools.
- Some drills shut down after drilling through thick surfaces.
For any workshop owner, the biggest dream is having a collection of tools they can reach for any time they need them. A versatile power tool set would come in handy for them too since it can do more at a go. With such an idea in mind, tool makers have come up with tool kits like a cordless drill combo that features a drill driver and an impact driver.
What is A Cordless Drill and Impact Combo?
As the title suggests, this is a kit made up of a driver drill and an impact driver. They usually come in a carrier case and may have other accompanying tools. You can also find additional accessories that work with the tools, like batteries, battery chargers, and drill bits in the carrier case.
Features that Matter When Shopping for the Best Drill Driver Combo
1. Chuck Size
Most cordless drills on the market have either a 1/2-inch or 3/8-inch chuck. The size determines the upper limit the drill can go as well as the shank size of the bits it can accommodate. While shopping for a drill, it is important you base it on your particular needs, the shank size, and your intended upper limits.
2. Charger and Charge Indicator
If you need a charger that serves you for long, look for one with a charge indicator. It will help you to know when to unplug it from the power source and protect the batteries from overcharging.
Most drills are designed to use Lithium-ion batteries. If you are looking for a cordless drill, therefore, you should mostly focus on the power the batteries it uses can deliver. Also, it is important to know your drill’s voltage to avoid buying the wrong batteries.
OUR TOP PICKS
4. The Motor
A drill's motor determines almost every aspect of the tool. It determines the working speed, rotations per minute, and inches per minute that you can work on. If you are looking for enhanced efficiency, you should look for a drill with a befitting motor for your particular applications.
5. Additional Features
Almost all cordless drills are designed with built-in LED work lights. Most of them will also have a single Philips bit, and other extras like hard-sided cases, flashlights, and belt clips. These additions make your work easier and should guide you on the drill that calls the shots ahead of the others.
The type of materials you want to drill should guide you on the right torque to go for. If you are working on hard surfaces, you may require more torque. The hard materials require low speeds but more torque which should advise your purchasing.
What is the Best Cordless Drill Combo: Our Picks
We feel that our editor’s choice for the best cordless drill combo is the DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless... The kit comprises of a drill driver and an impact driver that ensure to keep the user in one workshop throughout. The tools’ motors and specific features like bit loading for the impact driver ensure increased efficiency.
For the people who are looking for a combo that is lenient to their pocket, there is the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX... The 20V combo kit has lightweight tools that also boast of high-performance motors and maximum torque for extra efficiency.
If your budget is not holding you down, you can go for our upgrade pick, the Milwaukee 2897-22 M18... The kit also comes with a driver drill and an impact driver, a combo that ensures you can do what you want when you want to.
Resources & Further Reading
- DCK240C2 20V MAX* LITHIUM-ION DRILL DRIVER/IMPACT DRIVER COMBO KIT(1.3 AH) - Dewalt
- 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Drill/Driver + Impact Combo Kit - Black+Decker
- M18 FUEL™ 2-Tool Combo Kit - Milwaukee
- CLPK22-120 12V Max 2-Tool Combo Kit with 3/8 In. Drill/Driver and Impact Driver - Bosch Tools
- Compact Cordless 3‑Pc. Combo Kit (1.5Ah) - Makita Tools
- Cordless Drill Buying Guide - Consumer Reports
- Features that Matter in a Cordless Drill - Consumer Reports
- Difference Between Drill Drivers & Impact Drivers - YouTube
Last update on 2019-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API