A circular saw has been with woodworkers since the turn of the 18th Century. It is now one of the most common tools in a workshop with a myriad of services under its name. When you think of a saw designed for cutting precision, ease of operation, and a design that protects the user, you can grab the best circular saw under 100 from your store.
This review elaborates what five of the best circular saws are. We have reviewed them for you from the editor’s choice, budget pick, and best value. We have also outlined their specifications, key features, and benefits, pros and cons, as well as a conclusive buying guide.
Read through for more insight on what circular saws that call the shots.
Top Rated Circular Saws Under $100. Our Picks
Our editor’s choice for the best circular saw under 100 is the WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw....The saw has a powerful motor that runs on 18 volts of battery power and runs the blade at 3,500 rotations per minute. With electronic brakes, a soft grip handle, magnesium guards, and easy bevel and depth adjustment, the saw is an ideal tool for professionals and DIYers alike.
Circular Saw Under $100 Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
Features & Benefits
- The Worxsaw tool is compact and lightweight which makes it portable and perfect for professional and DIY projects around the home and workshops.
- It also features a thin blade which makes it ideal for less strain, full-size cutting speeds, and enhanced performance in a hand-held operation.
- It is also designed with a left-sided blade design to increase cut-line visibility.
- The saw is also equipped with an easy-set depth gauge lever for quick adjustments.
- The saw is also designed with a comfortable grip with an integrated safety trigger for maximum comfort and control.
- The tool also features a parallel guide attachment which ensures straight and precise cuts easily and quickly.
- It also has an adjustable bevel provision which allows for a wide variety of cuts from 0-45 degrees.
- Lightweight, compact maneuverability and portability.
- Full-size performance
- Powerful motor
- Quick and easy depth adjustments.
- Easy plunge cutting.
- Rip fence has a flimsy plastic section that flexes.
2. Budget Pick: BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B 20-volt Max Circular Saw Bare Tool
Features & Benefits
- The BLACK+DECKER saw is powered by a high torque motor which powers the blade to run at 7,000 rotations per minute tops for a variety of cuts.
- The product also allows for a tool-free depth of cut which in return allows for easy depth adjustments.
- The saw’s compact design eases portability and makes it easy to use.
- Easy to use.
- High torque motor.
- Compact design for enhanced portability and handling.
- Works with the whole BLACK+DECKER 20V Max system batteries.
- Only fit for small projects.
- Battery and charger sold separately.
3. Upgrade Pick: Ryobi P506 18V 5 1/2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw
Features & Benefits
- The Ryobi circular saw is designed with a left side blade which allows for better line visibility and more accurate cuts.
- It also features an onboard wrench storage which allows for faster and convenient blade changes.
- It is also designed with an 18T ultra-thin kerf carbide-tipped blade. This allows for faster and cleaner cuts.
- The o-50 degrees bevel cut capacity allows the users the ease and ability to cut from the most common angles.
- It also features two handles that include a front pommel handle with overmold. This allows for two-handed operation.
- Its ergonomic design and soft grip handles increase the user’s comfort and reduce fatigue during prolonged use.
- It’s 4,700 RPM motor ensures it can cut through tough materials quickly and with ease.
- The Ryobi saw also boasts of having a laser guide. It generates a red line on the workpiece in front of the saw when the tool is powered on and lets the user see where they are working on or the cutting line.
- The saw also features easy adjustment knobs that let the user adjust depths up to 1-9/16 inches and the bevel angles from 0 to 50 degrees.
- The carbide-tipped blade is highly durable since it is corrosion and wear resistant.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design.
- Soft grip with rubber overmold.
- Compatible with most Ryobi batteries.
- Handy for small to medium jobs.
- The batteries may not last long for thick workpieces.
- Uses only one bearing and bushing resulting in overheating after continuous usage.
4. TECCPO Circular Saw
Features & Benefits
- The TECCPO saw has a lock shaft button that enhances faster blade changing.
- It is also designed with an optimized rubber handle which enhances user comfort and acts as an anti-sweating mechanism. The handle has an integrated safety trigger too that helps to minimize accidental startup.
- The saw also features two switches that are designed to maximize the user’s safety. Other features that maximize safety include a shield handle, dust blower, pivoted lower guard, and a guarded trigger.
- The is also fitted with a lightweight and compact design which eases portability and maneuverability through narrow spaces.
- It also features a light hand operation which increases cut-line visibility.
- The saw is also designed with a fine copper motor that delivers less heat thereby extending its lifetime.
- If you are dust-conscious, the product is designed to take care of your worries. It has a vacuum adapter fixed to it that allows you to connect it to a vacuum and prevent the inhalation of dust.
- TECCPO has also included a 7-inch scale ruler that assists in cutting optimal straight lines.
- Easy to use.
- High working efficiency.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- The plastic depth control lock may become lose after continuous use.
5. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18V Cordless Circular Saw
Features & Benefits
- The Milwaukee saw is designed with the user under careful consideration. Its ergonomic, compact, and lightweight design ensures the user is protected from fatigue and exhaustion.
- It also features an aircraft aluminum shoe that provides greater accuracy in rip cuts.
- The product is also designed with heavy-duty magnesium upper and lower guards that provide for maximum durability by preventing the blade from drops.
- It’s 3,500 RPM motor ensures it can cut through tough materials such as LVL headers quickly and with ease.
- The saw also features electronic brakes that stop it instantly when you want to pause or are finished with the cut. This will also help you to get back to work quickly as you don’t have to wait for the blade to stop running or slow down.
- It also features bevel and depth adjustment with a bevel adjustment of up to 50 degrees and a depth adjustment of up to 1-1/2 inches. The adjustments ensure that you get a huge degree of versatility.
- The saw is also designed with an onboard fuel gauge that displays the remaining battery charge.
- Ease of use.
- Ergonomic, compact, and lightweight design
- High power output.
- Compatible with most Milwaukee batteries.
- No wrench for blade screw included.
- Only powerful for lightweight tasks.
Among the must-have powers tools for a woodworker is a circular saw. You can use it for cutting various materials ranging from wood to plastic, metal, and masonry. If you need a tool that is cheaper yet can work equally like a table saw, the circular saw is the best bet for you.
Types of Best Budget Circular Saws
Circular saws are categorized according to the power source. In this case, there are corded and cordless options:
Corded Circular Saw
A corded circular saw is a model of a power saw that is powered by electricity. It operates with a blade or abrasive disk and is used for cutting materials by way of rotary motion. It has a power cable to tap pier from an electric socket or plug.
Cordless Circular Saw
A cordless circular saw, as the name suggests, misses a power cord. That means it does not depend on electric power but rather, uses batteries. The benefits of using this type are that it is portable and can be used anywhere provided the batteries have power. If you are lucky enough, you can buy battery packs and chargers at your saw buying point.
How to choose the Best Affordable Circular Saw
When buying a circular saw, you no doubt will be looking for the best. If so, consider the following tips on the things to look for:
Different saws have varied blade sizes. If you want to work with larger or thicker materials, it would be advisable to get a saw with a large blade.
The speed of a circular saw is indicated with the rotations it makes per minute. If you are looking for an excellently performing saw, you should consider how many rotations it can make per minute.
The source of power for your circular saw will also call the shots depending on the application. If you want to buy a saw that will be used for a longer project, a corded option (electric powered) would be a perfect match.
The choice here is also personal and dependent on the job at hand. When looking for a perfect saw, therefore, consider the maximum point to which the bevel can be adjusted and whether it will meet your needs.
These stops are the ones that help you to adjust the different angles. They are also easy to change, and with each model of saw having its respective angles for each cut, you should consider a model that has more than one since it will allow for better finishing.
Your safety is not debatable and should be guaranteed by the tool that you use all the time. With the circular saw, most manufacturers will design them with electric brakes to instantly turn the blade off. This will help you to minimize or avoid accidents and avoid wasting time waiting for the blade to stop running.
Spindle or Shaft Lock
A spindle or shaft lock is another feature that is crucial for the user’s safety. It helps to keep the blade on hold as the user changes it or removes it for cleaning. The lock will keep the blade also locked and keep it from moving around when it is in use.
OUR TOP PICKS
Best Circular Saw for the Money. Safety Precautions
As it is with any power tool, you should use your circular saw with a keen eye. The precautions below will help you to avoid accidents at your workplace:
- Keep the work area clean and well lit.
- Avoid operating it in an explosive atmosphere.
- Keep children and bystanders off.
- Match the power plug to the outlet.
- Avoid contact with earthed or grounded surfaces.
- Avoid exposing the saw to the rain or wet conditions.
- Only recharge the batteries with the recommended chargers.
- Keep the batteries away from metal objects when not in use.
- Use the batteries with the specifically designed battery packs only.
What is the Best Circular Saw Under $100: Our Pick
We feel that our editor’s choice for the best circular saw under 100 is the WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw... With 3,500 RPM to boast off, an 120-volt power consumption and a 24-tooth carbide wood cutting blade, this is an ideal tool for every woodworker.
The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless... comes in as our budget pick. With an 18-volt power consumption, 5-1/2-inch carbide-tipped teeth blade, and 7000 RPM, the blade surpasses its affordable price. It is an ideal tool if you do not wish to suppress your budget further.
If your pocket is a bit expanded, you can grab our best value pick. This goes to the Ryobi P506 One+ Lithium Ion 18V 5 1/2... a 5-1/2 inch blade saw. It is a thin blade saw with a left-sided blade design and ease of maneuverability and a 4700 RPM no-load speed to fit your specific application.
Resources & Further Reading
- 2630-20 M18™ 6 ½" Circular Saw (Tool Only) – Milwaukee Tools
- 4-1/2" Worxsaw Compact Circular Saw Item Wx429l – WORX
- BDCCS20B - 20V MAX* 5-1/2 in. Circular Saw – BLACK+DECKER
- Milwaukee Owner’s Manual – Milwaukee Tools (pdf)
- TECCPO 4 Amp 4-1/2” 3500 RPM Compact Circular Saw with 24T Carbide Tipped Blade - TAMS25P – TECCPO Tools
- Circular Saw – www.dictionary.com
- Circular Saw – Wikipedia
- How to Buy A Circular Saw - wikiHow
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API