A circular saw has been with woodworkers since the turn of the 18th Century. It is now one of the most common tools in a workshop with a myriad of services under its name. When you think of a saw designed for cutting precision, ease of operation, and a design that protects the user, you can grab the best circular saw under 100 from your store.
This review elaborates what five of the best circular saws are. We have reviewed them for you from the editor’s choice, budget pick, and best value. We have also outlined their specifications, key features, and benefits, pros and cons, as well as a conclusive buying guide.
Read through for more insight on what circular saws that call the shots.
Top Rated Circular Saws Under $100. Our Picks
Our editor’s choice for the best circular saw under 100 is the WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw....The saw has a powerful motor that runs on 18 volts of battery power and runs the blade at 3,500 rotations per minute. With electronic brakes, a soft grip handle, magnesium guards, and easy bevel and depth adjustment, the saw is an ideal tool for professionals and DIYers alike.
Circular Saw Under $100 Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
Features & Benefits
- The Worxsaw tool is compact and lightweight which makes it portable and perfect for professional and DIY projects around the home and workshops.
- It also features a thin blade which makes it ideal for less strain, full-size cutting speeds, and enhanced performance in a hand-held operation.
- It is also designed with a left-sided blade design to increase cut-line visibility.
- The saw is also equipped with an easy-set depth gauge lever for quick adjustments.
- The saw is also designed with a comfortable grip with an integrated safety trigger for maximum comfort and control.
- The tool also features a parallel guide attachment which ensures straight and precise cuts easily and quickly.
- It also has an adjustable bevel provision which allows for a wide variety of cuts from 0-45 degrees.
- Lightweight, compact maneuverability and portability.
- Full-size performance
- Powerful motor
- Quick and easy depth adjustments.
- Easy plunge cutting.
- Rip fence has a flimsy plastic section that flexes.
2. Budget Pick: BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B 20-volt Max Circular Saw Bare Tool
Features & Benefits
- The BLACK+DECKER saw is powered by a high torque motor which powers the blade to run at 7,000 rotations per minute tops for a variety of cuts.
- The product also allows for a tool-free depth of cut which in return allows for easy depth adjustments.
- The saw’s compact design eases portability and makes it easy to use.
- Easy to use.
- High torque motor.
- Compact design for enhanced portability and handling.
- Works with the whole BLACK+DECKER 20V Max system batteries.
- Only fit for small projects.
- Battery and charger sold separately.
3. Upgrade Pick: Ryobi P506 18V 5 1/2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw
Features & Benefits
- The Ryobi circular saw is designed with a left side blade which allows for better line visibility and more accurate cuts.
- It also features an onboard wrench storage which allows for faster and convenient blade changes.
- It is also designed with an 18T ultra-thin kerf carbide-tipped blade. This allows for faster and cleaner cuts.
- The o-50 degrees bevel cut capacity allows the users the ease and ability to cut from the most common angles.
- It also features two handles that include a front pommel handle with overmold. This allows for two-handed operation.
- Its ergonomic design and soft grip handles increase the user’s comfort and reduce fatigue during prolonged use.
- It’s 4,700 RPM motor ensures it can cut through tough materials quickly and with ease.
- The Ryobi saw also boasts of having a laser guide. It generates a red line on the workpiece in front of the saw when the tool is powered on and lets the user see where they are working on or the cutting line.
- The saw also features easy adjustment knobs that let the user adjust depths up to 1-9/16 inches and the bevel angles from 0 to 50 degrees.
- The carbide-tipped blade is highly durable since it is corrosion and wear resistant.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design.
- Soft grip with rubber overmold.
- Compatible with most Ryobi batteries.
- Handy for small to medium jobs.
- The batteries may not last long for thick workpieces.
- Uses only one bearing and bushing resulting in overheating after continuous usage.