For any woodworker, the best circular saw needs to guarantee and deliver two things; precise and accurate cuts. If it cannot get through wood time after time yet regularly and give the same results, it may rarely get the job done right. If you are looking for one that promises and delivers efficiency, read through some of the best circular saws you can invest in.
Top Rated Circular Saws. Our Picks
|Makita 5007F Circular Saw||201 Reviews||$97.81||Buy from Amazon|
|TACKLIFE Circular Saw...||309 Reviews||$79.97||Buy from Amazon|
|Milwaukee 2731-20 M18...||139 Reviews||$209.97||Buy from Amazon|
|Hitachi C7SB3 15 Amp...||23 Reviews||from $126.96||Buy from Amazon|
|WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2"...||1,076 Reviews||$54.99||Buy from Amazon|
Circular Saw Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: Makita 5007F
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 5,800 RPM for proven performance and jobsite durability
- Lower guard design improves performance when making bevel and narrow cuts
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8"" at 90°, 1-3/4"" at 45°)
- Two built-in L.E.D. lights illuminate the line of cut for increased accuracy
- Well balanced design for superior handling and performance
Our editor’s choice for the best circular saw is the Makita 5007F Circular Saw The tool is designed to guarantee cutting speeds and exudes power enough for the right applications. With a powerful 15 Amperes motor that runs its blade at 5,800 rotations per minute, the circular saw may be ideal for both DIYers and professionals looking for increased efficiency.
The saw is also designed for offering optimal performance and job site durability with a large cutting capacity of 2-3/8” at 90° and 1-3/4” at 45°. It also features a lower guard design for improved performances while making narrow and bevel cuts. Besides, it has two inbuilt led illuminating lights for guided cuts, built-in dust blower for a cleaner environment, and an AC/DC switch for alternating power sources.
- Strong motor and fast speeds.
- Built-in dust blower.
- AC/DC alternating switch.
- Large cutting capacity.
- Laser guide.
- No electric brake.
- No variable speed control.
2. Budget Pick: TACKLIFE TSC115
- METAL HANDLE & LASER DESIGN: Comes with a unique metal handle, which helps to reduce fatigue for one-hand working, offering stronger clamping force to make the cutting more stable. Easy and quick to install and disassemble by rotating the handle without any auxiliary tools. The laser guide ensures a professional and precise cutting line, convenient for cutting.
- POWERFUL MOTOR & 6 BLADES: Features a 5.8 Amps copper motor to deliver full-size performance at 3,500 rpm, making cut wood, plastics, plaster board, PVC pipe, tile with ease. 6 Blades: 2x24T TCT(120mm) for wood cuts/ 2x60T HSS(115mm) for wood and soft metal cuts/ 2pcs grit diamond blade(115mm) for tile cuts, extending the applications of the compact circular saw.
- FLEXIBLE 90° & 45° BEVEL CUTTING:Easy-set depth scaled gauge lever allows the cutting depth up to 1-11/16 inches(42.9mm) at 90°; The bevel capacity at 45° is 1-3/8 inches (34.9mm), you can decide your bevel cutting angle freely from 0° to 45°. Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility. A parallel guide attachment ensures straight, precise cuts easily and quickly.
- SAFETY DESIGN & ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The double protection switch prevents the machine from accidentally opening, promises a safer cutting job. Motor postposition separates the front and rear gravity, promises a stable operation; Optimized ergonomic slim grip provides ease and less fatigue to one-handed operation.
- VALUABLE ACCESSORIES: You will get:1XTacklife TCS115A circular saw; 6 blades(2x120mm for wood cuts/2x115mm for wood and soft metal cuts/2x115mm for tile cuts); 1Xmetal handle; 1Xparallel guide; 1Xelbow dust port; 1Xhex key; user manual; 2-year warranty card.
Our budget pick for the best circular saw is the TACKLIFE Circular Saw... The saw features a minimalist yet modern design for any woodworker, be it a professional or novice. It features a metal handle for durability, laser guide for more precise cuts, and maximum cutting depths of 1-11/16'' at 90° and 1-3/8'' at 45° for increased precision.
The saw has a powerful 5.8 Amperes motor that runs the blade at a speed of 3,500 rotations per minute for optimum performance. With the ability to fit six different blades per the need, the user can fix a blade for each material for convenience.
- Laser guide
- Powerful motor
- Flexible 90° and 45° bevel cutting.
- Ergonomic design for reduced fatigue and optimized safety.
- Aluminum alloy guard.
- Double protection ON/OFF switch.
- No variable speed control.
- No electrical stop.
- Limited portability as it is corded.
3. Upgrade Pick: Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 fuel 7-1/4 inches circular saw
- M18 Fuel 7-1/4" Circular Saw Bare
- The product is easy to use and easy to handle
- The product is highly durable
- Battery Warranty 3 Year
Our upgrade pick is the Milwaukee 2731-20 M18... The battery-powered saw promises faster cuts and weighs up to 40% less than corded saws making it an ideal choice for on and off-site portability. The saw has an 18-Volt motor that ensures optimum efficiency.
The circular saw is fitted with a POWERSTATE brushless motor and REDLINK PLUS intelligence for optimized performance and overload protection. It also features a LED light for more accurate cuts in low light work stations, rafter hook for ease of storage, and total system communication between the tool, battery, and charger to minimize power inconveniences.
- LED laser guide.
- Cordless and lightweight for portability.
- Easy to use.
- Ergonomic design
- Intelligent communication between the tool, battery, and charger.
- Short run time.
- Low motor power.
4. Hitachi C7SB3
- Blade speed of 6,000 RPM for smoother, faster, burn-free cuts
- Integrated dust blower for a clear line of sight and clean work surface while cutting
- Heavy duty aluminum base with scales on front and side for accurate cuts
- Cut capacity at 45 Degrees is 1-7/8" and at 90 Degrees is 2-7/16"
- Non-slip, slim grip reduces fatigue and provides superior control and comfort during extended use
The Hitachi C7SB3 15 Amp... is a 15 Amperes circular saw with a blade speed of 6,000RPM for faster, smoother, and burn-free cuts. The saw also has a cut capacity of 2-7/16" at 900 1-7/8" at 450 for precise cuts and a light weight of about 9.5 lbs. for portability. With an integrated dust blower, the saw also guarantees a clear line of sight as well as a clean work surface.
The circular saw is also designed with a non-slip and slim grip that ensures to reduce fatigue. The handle also ensures superior control and comfort in case of extended use. It also features a single-handed bevel adjustment for setting the saw perfectly.
- Powerful motor and higher speeds.
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight design
- Comfortable, non-slip, and slim grip for comfortable handling.
- Would do better with variable speed control.
- Customer service not very dependable.
5. WORXSAW WX429L Compact Circular Saw
- Cut 2x4's in a single pass with an easily maneuverable compact saw that weighs 50% less than a traditional 7-1/4" circular saw
- Thin blade makes for less tool strain, resulting in full size circular saw cutting speed and performance.Blade Size 4.5 inches. No-Load Speed 3500/rpm
- Easy-set depth gauge lever and 0-45-degree bevel settings for quick adjustments. The WORXSAW is substantial enough to cut through nominal 2 inch lumber, yet light enough for the DIY'er to easily and comfortably maneuver. Cut wood, metal, tile or plastic with ease
- Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility; grip with integrated safety trigger for comfort, balance, and control
- Box includes 4-1/2" WORXSAW, 24T Carbide-tipped Blade, Parallel Guide, Vacuum Adapter, Allen Key, and Manufacturer's 3-year warranty
The WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2"... is a told designed to offer a single pass through 2x4’s and ease of maneuverability due to its lightweight and compact design. The saw also features a thin blade that ensures less tool strain as well as full-size cutting speed and performance. Besides, it is designed with a 4.5-inch 24T Carbide-tipped blade and with a 7-1/4-inch cutting depth, it is ideal for most applications.
The Worxsaw saw also has a left-sided blade for better cut-line visibility. In addition, it features a grip with integrated safety trigger for enhanced comfort, control, and balance. Its 4 Amperes motor runs the blade at 3,500RPM ensuring it works around the needed application with ease.
- Lightweight, compact design.
- Ease of use.
- Blade ensures cleaner cuts and minimal tear out.
- Fitted with a dust port.
- The power cord may limit movement around the workplace.
- Low motor power.
- The rip fence has a flimsy plastic section that flexes easily.
Things to Know When Buying a Circular Saw
Before you commit to buying a circular saw, the following things should be on your fingertips:
Amperage and Speeds
The ampere rating of a circular saw tells how much power its motor uses. The power also has an impact on the speed of the blade and both affect the outcome. You should, therefore, consider your exact needs and whether a saw of your choice can meet them.
The price of any tool is a key determinant before any purchase can be made. The same applies to a circular saw and before one can settle for such a saw, it is crucial to compare the different pricing and compare them against your budget.
Handle and Grip
What is the level of comfort that you would want from your circular saw? Would you be looking for a saw with a handle that is soft-grip, non-slip, and comfortable or otherwise? Such a handle will ensure to eliminate fatigue and give you more handling comfort for longer projects.
The cutting depth of each circular saw will determine the size of materials you can work on. If you have thicker materials, the depth has to be bigger.
The blade is among the most crucial components of a saw. When shopping for the saw, make sure to check with the type, size, and affordability of the blade in relation to your project.
Working with a saw needs to have an assurance of everyone’s safety. It should have safety features guaranteeing that you can work with it without hazards or accidents. Make sure to check the manuals as well beforehand for a list of the features.
Circular saws can either be cordless (battery-powered) or corded (electric-powered). Whether you need a corded or cordless circular saw are decisions fully dependent on your and the project at hand. If you are looking for portability and ease of maneuverability, a cordless circular saw would be your ideal tool while the corded one ensures you do not have to worry about power interruptions.
A circular saw is one of the must-have power tools for any woodworker, DIYer, or a professional home improvement enthusiast. Apart from making cuts through workpieces with ease, it ensures that you get precise cuts for each application. When you need one, it is only about making the right choice and grabbing the best circular saw that fits your needs.
Last update on 2019-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API