When you're working in a commercial, private, or industrial environment, debris accumulate, and dust becomes a nuisance. With that in mind, it becomes hard to continue working at such a workplace.
For optimally clean and healthy workplaces, an ideal dust collector would come in handy and stop you from worrying about the dust anymore. With the best cyclone dust collector, there is nothing stopping you from going on with your daily routine.
The cyclone dust collector ensures the workplace is clean and safe without hazardous materials like dust. If you’re looking for one to keep your workplace clean, here is a review of our best picks, specifications, key features and benefits, and a buying guide.
Top rated Cyclone Dust Collectors
Our Top Pick for the Cyclone Dust Collector
Our top pick for the best cyclone dust collector is the Delta Power Equipment 50-723T2 1 hp Dust.... The Delta inspiration spells power and strength to give you the ultimate performance and service you are looking for in a dust collector. With 1.5HP, the product gives you the dust collection services you need, when, where, and how you need it.
Bets Cyclone Dust Collector Reviews
1. Our Pick: Delta Power Equipment 50-723T2 1-Hp Dust Collector
Features and Benefits
- The Delta power cyclone dust collector is designed with a sturdy base supported by four wheels. This provides for easy-gliding and moving the machine around.
- The product also features an ergonomic handle which means more mobility and ease of portability.
- The barrel cone-F5 design ensures the machine has a greater CFM and more Static Pressure.
- Also, if you are looking for a cleaner and safer working environment, the machine guarantees that. This is guaranteed by the standard 2-micron filtration bag fitted to it.
- The machine is designed with a sewn-in, snap-in filter bag ring which is both faster and easier. This ensures you don’t need cam-over-lock style clamps.
- Also fitted with a 6-mL plastic chip collection bag, it ensures the user knows when the bag is full for emptying.
- Sturdy design
- Easy to move around.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Some sawdust finds its way out of the unit.
2. Budget Pick: WEN 3401 5.7-Amp 660 CFM Dust Collector
Features and Benefits
- The WEN product helps keep your work area safer and cleaner. This is because it’s fitted with a 12-gallon dust collection system.
- Also fitted with a 5.7-amp motor, the machine is ideal for anyone looking for a speedy dust collection since the motor provides a 660 CFM dust sucking power.
- The machine also features a 6-inch impeller. When it is combined with the 4" dust port inlet, it allows the user to connect their favorite woodworking tools.
- It is also fitted with four 1- ¾ inch swivel casters that lock in place while in use. This ensures to prevent unwanted movement.
- With its compact design, the machine is easy to move between places and store.
- If you are looking for versatility because your workplace demands so, the machine is designed with an optional built-in mount. If you cannot use it while standing on the wheels, the mount will come into the rescue.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Has two filters and 3-speed variations for optimum use.
- Reliable customer care.
- Not ideal for large workspaces.
- Limited capacity and scope.
- Not designed for large dust particles.
3. Premium Pick - SHOP FOX W1727 1 HP Dust Collector
Features and Benefits
- If you are looking for an easy-to-handle and move machine, this Shop Fox dust collector would be ideal. It is fitted with casters and a handle easing portability.
- The Woodstock International dust collector offers flexibility. This is because it’s designed to offer the ease of moving it from one machine to the other. On the same note, the machine can be used as a mobile unit or as a stationery one.
- If your tools are one-user only, this machine respects that. It has a safety switch with a removable key which gives you the freedom to lock it from unauthorized use.
- The dust collector is also designed to fit even in workplaces with limited space. This is because it features a compact design even with the bag inflated.
- Lightweight design
- Safety switch to prevent unauthorized use.
- Big 2.5-micron bag for maximum filtration.
- Replaceable filtration bags.
- A bit quieter.
- Designed with only one dust intake port.
- Relatively expensive
- Cheap casters
4. BUCKTOOL 1 HP Wall-mount Dust Collector with 550CFM Air Flow
Features and Benefits
- Wherever you are working, this machine is designed to capture dust exactly from the source. This is thanks to its 4” inch intake hole that can be connected to any tool for emptying and pick even large chips.
- The machine is also fitted with a 13-gallon (2.23 cubic feet) capacity dust bag. This ensures it collects more particles before it can be emptied.
- The machine is also lightweight in design. This makes it easy for moving it and with it from one workplace or tool to the other.
- Strong 6.5 Amp 1 HP motor.
- 3,450 RPM impeller speed.
- Suction power not enough for big jobs.
- Designed with only one intake hole.
5. Shop Fox W1826 Wall Dust Collector
Features and Benefits
- The Shop Fox dust collector features a lightweight design which makes portability easy.
- It also features a powerful 1-Hp motor that ensures efficient service delivery.
- Also, the product is designed with a features window. This helps to gauge the amount of sawdust in the bag and know when to empty it.
- In addition, the dust collector has a zipper at the bottom of the dust bag. This makes dust emptying and disposal easy and fast.
- Designed to be mounted on the wall, the product eliminates the need for additional dusts systems and also ensures the user can run and work safely around the workshop.
- Lightweight design which eases portability.
- Small in size yet powerful.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Only one dust intake port.
- Not ideal for big projects.
What is A Dust Collector?
A dust collector is an equipment used mostly in woodwork workshops for separating fine particles and debris from workpieces. As a machine grinds on the workpiece, the particles and shavings are directed towards the collector through a collection port.
Main Types of Dust Collectors
The main types are:
Single State Dust Collector
A single stage dust collector is also referred to as a dust bag and has an impeller that rotates and sucks large particles like wooden chips. The collector is not designed to remove small fine dust particles, it’s cheap, and is only advantageous over the two-stage one since it collects large particles so it’s not recommended when working in projects that require the use of power tools like miter saws.
Two Stage Dust Collector (Cyclone Dust Collector)
This machine is designed to be used with two-stage devices for removing dust particles. A blower creates air cyclone inside the funnel shape drum and then separates large and fine dust particles, dropping the large ones into a different collection point.
What is a Cyclone Dust Collector?
A cyclone dust collector is a two-stage apparatus used to separate fine particles that may be suspended in air or gas. The separation is done by centrifugal means, and it's usually two-way, that is, collection points for dust and debris. The centrifugal mechanism transitions the airflow into a downward centrifugal or spiral vortex immediately it enters the cyclone dust collector.
Is it necessary?
For most people, even professionals, such a dust collection system might fall in the luxury category. This is because the apparatuses are considerably expensive. However, there are notable reasons to encourage you to buy the collector:
Whether you are allergic to dust or not, the first consideration while near it is protecting yourself from it. When it gets airborne, it can lead to a myriad of health complications, mostly affecting breathing and the lungs.
Notably, the U.S. lists dust as among the carcinogens associated with a series of lung cancer cases. Therefore, the best way to stay clear of the carcinogens and health complications is adopting a dust collection system and the cyclone one comes to the rescue.
Preventing Workplace Accidents and Injuries
For a long time, the idea has been to wait for the debris, shavings, and sawdust to accumulate and get it swept after work. This has always worked and allowed the workers to concentrate on the main tasks. However, if the particles, debris, and shavings accumulate on the floor, they may cause tripping and slipping hazards and accidents become hard to avoid.
Avoiding Fire Hazards
Using a dust collector is also a great way of avoiding the risks of breaking fires. Since wood is used as fuel since time immemorial, we all understand what a mess the sawdust may bring about if exposed even to fire sparks.
Since a miter saw, for example, uses electric current, it might only take a single spark to light a fire that would be hard to contain as compared to if the place had a dust collector.
Factors to consider when buying the best cyclone dust collector for the money
A dust collection is a necessity for both small- and large-scale workplaces. Its benefits are great if the hazards associated with not having it are unimaginable. However, the main idea is not about getting one, but it’s about getting the best value dust collector. Below are some of the top factors to consider to make an informed decision on the best machine to buy.
The first thing to consider before making a purchase is the operating budget. Depending on the kind and length of the job at hand, you can make an informed financial decision. Your needs, in short, will determine how much to spend.
The budget can be on the lower or higher side. This is because you might get swayed by different models of the dust collector you are targeting and leave the one you had in mind. Therefore, it is important to have an open budget beyond the figure you had set.
Size of the Workplace
Often, most people disregard this factor as a determinant of the machine to buy. In the end, they buy one that does not fit their workspace and end up working with it either outside or in a makeshift workshop.
If the workshop is small, you should get the measurements and take them with you to the buying point. If you are not sure what to take, seek professional help and let the experts advise on which machine will fit your shop.
If it’s a large shop, it would be ideal to get a bigger apparatus to occupy more space. This will translate into more power and better performance with increased air suction. A point to note is that regardless of how big the apparatus is, it will not get in your way around the workspace but should be kept at a rarely used position for optimum safety.
How easy is it to move the machine that you intend to buy? Do you intend to place it at a permanent position or it will need to be moved around? If you'd have such questions and their answers before making the purchase, you'll have a more informed buying decision.
If you are operating in a large workspace, it is apparent that you will mostly need a permanent solution. In such a case, you might not need a portable dust collector but probably a fixated one. Such a model will be advantageous since it’s big enough to produce enough suction power.
If you are working in a small workshop, however, a portable dust collector or a shop vac might be highly necessary. This will ensure the workers get enough space to shift to or move around in.
The other important factors to consider include the volume of air the collector will be moving. The static pressure rating, motor, horsepower, and power consumption should also guide you into making the right decision.
Bag size and filtration
The size of the bag as well as the filtration matter too. If the bag is large-capacity, there will be less emptying although it may take more space. As for the filtration, the finer it is, the less the harm from dust you will get exposed to.
Features and Performance
It is every person’s wish to get a cheap yet efficient apparatus. However, cheap ones may be effective but pretty basic. If you get a premium one, slightly expensive, it will guarantee such specs as improved features and vortex-type suction. These qualities should be at the forefront of the determinants you want to base your selection on.
OUR TOP PICKS
Q. How durable is a cyclone dust collector?
A. Frankly, even though they are designed to serve you for a long time, their durability depends on the usage, care, and maintenance. If the right usage is in place, they will serve you longer.
Q. Is a dust collector hard to assemble and use?
A. A dust collector is designed for use by both professionals and amateurs. They also come with assembly and user manuals, so they won’t be hard to assemble or use.
Q. I read “consumable parts” when shopping for my dust collector. What is a consumable part?
A. This is a part that has to be replaced if it becomes of no use anymore. Such parts include bearings, rings, belts, sandpapers, blades, and others that wear out from normal usage or wear and tear.
Q. Where can I find the serial number for my machine?
A. The serial number of a dust collector can be found marked in clear numbers on the machine itself. For most dust collectors, it can be found on the motor identification plate at the front side of the machine.
What is the best Cyclone Dust Collector: Our Pick
Our best pick is the Delta Power Equipment 50-723T2 1 hp Dust.... The machine is not just designed to be placed in a workshop but is meant for the real suction purpose. It features 1-HP, 750 CFM, and consumes 120.240v guaranteeing speed and strength. Its 2-micron bag guarantees even the finest particles are captured for a cleaner and safer environment.
If your budget is a determinant, our budge pick, the WEN 3401 5.7-Amp 660 CFM Dust Collector... comes into your rescue. It’s a 5.7 Amp motor and 660 CFM apparatus which guarantees service beyond the price.
And for the premium pick, there is the Shop Fox W1727-1 HP Dust Collector. Its 9A/4.5A, 110/220v, 1-HP, and 800 CFM are a good combination to match the overall price and give you value for the money.
References and Further Reading
- 1-HP MOTOR DUST COLLECTOR – Delta Machinery
- WEN 3401 5.7-Amp 660 CFM Dust Collector – WEN Products
- W1727—1 HP 800 CFM Dust Collector – Woodstock International Inc.
- W1826—Wall Dust Collector – Woodstock International Inc.
Last update on 2023-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API