Whether you’re a homeowner or a contractor, when a project involves carpentry the nail gun is a must-have power tool in any toolbox. It will be your best friend. As such, these tools must be evaluated carefully. You might be interested to find out which is the best brad nailer, but the truth is that it's not a simple question.
Brad nailers are compact and lightweight power tools designed to enhance the efficiency, and in general, use 18-gauge nails called brads (hence the name) which are essentially a thinner gauge of nail. There are three types: pneumatic, cordless and electric brad nailers (also known as stapler nailers).
As we said before, choosing the best one is not an easy task, and can be overwhelming. You see that now, right? Fortunately thanks to this article we’ll walk you through the best ones for each category. Read through for our choices, key features and benefits, how to choose them, uses, advantages, maintenance and much more.
Best Pneumatic Brad Nailer. Our Top Picks
Our Editor's Pick for the best 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer is the PORTER-CABLE BN200C 2-Inch 18GA Brad.... It is lightweight and comes in a compact design so you can move it around without getting tired. Its handle's design offers a great non-slip grip for comfort and optimal control while working. It also has no issues with jamming and clearing, and includes nails of 1-1/4 in., carrying case, removable non-marring nose tip and owner's manual.
Best Cordless Brad Nailer. Our Top Picks
Our Editor's Pick for the best cordless brad nailer is the PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad.... It is the only nailer on this list that does not suffer from even one flaw. PORTER- CABLE provides a high-quality tool at a reasonable price. Technically, the DeWalt was by far the highest-quality model on the list. However, its high cost is a problem for some people. With a list of features that match our criteria so nicely, it would be hard to give the top spot to any other.
Best Electric Brad Nailer, Staple Gun. Our Top Picks
Our Editor's Pick for the best electric brad nailer is the Electric Brad Nailer, NEU MASTER NTC0040.... It’s a tool that promises and delivers all thanks to its powerful 6.5-amp drive solenoid. For anyone looking for a versatile stapler, the Neu Master tool guarantees.
Pneumatic Brad Nailer Reviews
1. Editor's Pick: PORTER-CABLE BN200C 2-Inch 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
Features and benefits
- You can adjust the height of the fastener (5/8" to 2") depending on the application requirements
- It is light enough for portability and features dimensions make the design compact for ease of storage
- Its operating pressure ranges allows you only apply little energy to nail both soft and hard materials
- You can get the right airflow settings during use thanks to its rear exhaust
- The housing of this nailer is made with heat-treated aluminium that enhances strength and durability
- Aluminium also makes it lightweight for ease of handling even when using it for longer periods
- It has a quick jam release mechanism so you can remove any jam easy and fast
- Its magazine comes with a large capacity allowing you a continuous usage without needing a reload
- Once you purchase this nailer, you will get nails of 1-1/4 in., carrying case, removable non-marring nose tip and owner's manual
- Super lightweight so it is highly portable
- Opening, loading, and latching this nailer is easy
- If it jams, clearing it can be a little challenging
2. Budget Pick: WEN 61720 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
Features and benefits
- It comes with a durable blow mold case for ease of portability. It also features hex keys, air tool oil, and a rubber grip handle for ease of use.
- It is sold with a one-year warranty-inch.
- The operating pressure allows you to work on even the toughest materials.
- The NPT air inlet fitting has a diameter of a 1/4 inch, which allows the nails to be drilled on the material with ease.
- The exhaust port is adjustable by just rotating it to 360° until you get the right direction of the outputted air.
- The quick release latch is designed near the front of the nailer. This makes it easy for you to clear jammed nails quickly without affecting your work.
- The aluminium body , which makes it lightweight
- It is available at a super friendly price.
- A poorly designed instruction book, which makes it difficult for beginners to use it.
3. Upgrade Pick: DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
Features and benefits
- The body is lightweight and well-balanced. These features will allow you to use the nailer all day hassle free.
- The grip is designed with elastomer, implying that you will be comfortable while holding the nailer.
- The nose