Working with a miter saw is not just about how it makes its cuts but how precise, finer, and smoother it makes them. Getting the best miter saw is also a determinant of the service you will get on your workpieces. If you are looking for one saw that will get you the finest cuts with minimal to no burns, read through for a variety of the best saws that you can buy.
Top Rated Miter Saws. Our Picks
|Makita LS1018 10” Dual Slide Compound...||193 Reviews||See More Details|
|Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single...||659 Reviews||$242.07||See More Details|
|DEWALT 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw...||213 Reviews||See More Details|
|Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch...||848 Reviews||$159.99||See More Details|
|DEWALT 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw...||505 Reviews||See More Details|
Miter Saw Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: Makita LS1018
- Bundle includes Makita LS1018 Dual-Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw, 10-Inch and A-93681 10-Inch 80 Tooth Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade
- Powerful 13.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 4,300 RPM
- Miters 0-47 degrees left and 0-60 degrees right
- Cuts up to 12" at 90degrees and 8-12" at 45degrees
- Micro-Grain Carbide Teeth are Honed with up to 600 Grit for a Mirror Finish
The Makita LS1018 Dual-Bevel Slide Compound... makes it to our editor’s choice for a variety of features and benefits. The saw has a powerful 13 Amperes motor that runs the blade at 4,300 RPM for faster and better cuts through different workpieces. The miter saw is also designed to guarantee optimum cutting efficiency with bevel cuts of up to 12” at 90° and 8-1/2” at 45°.
It is designed to guarantee ease of portability thanks to its lightweight design (43.7 lbs.). The saw is also an ideal tool for optimal accuracy as it is fitted with a linear ball bearing system for “dead-on” accurate cuts.
- Comfortable handling with ergonomic rubberized D-handle design.
- Lightweight and portability.
- Powerful motor
- Soft start feature for a smooth start-up.
- Electric brake
- Slide rock loosens with vibration.
- Angle marker not exact.
2. Budget Pick: Hitachi C10FCH2
- Hitachi's Laser Marker System for increased cutting accuracy
- 15 Amp motor, powerful for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 Degree miter angle range, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 Degree bevel angle range, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- Horizontal handle with soft, vibration reducing Elastomer grip adds comfort and control
Our budget pick is the Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single... a powerful 15-Amp saw that ensures the user can handle even the toughest cutting jobs. The miter saw is also fitted with Hitachi’s Laser Marker System to enhance cutting accuracy. The motor on the saw generates a 5,000 RPM no-load speed that guarantees miters and crosscuts are done with ease and optimal efficiency.
The Hitachi miter saw is also designed with a 0-52o miter angle range on both sides for increased flexibility. The 0-45o bevel angles on both sides and the adjustable bevel stops also ensure one gets more precise cuts.
- Laser marker guide.
- Powerful motor
- Vibration reducing soft handle.
- Large pivoting flip fence.
- Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments.
- Dust collection system.
- Fence made of poor quality and breaks easily.
- Poor customer service.
- Unreliable unpacking notes and user manual.
3. Upgrade Pick: DeWalt DW716
- POWER AND DURABILITY: 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor
- MITER DETENT PLATE IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY AND ENSURES CUTTING ACCURACY: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops
- Thin kerf for fast and smooth cutting action
- Computer balanced plate reduces vibration for improved accuracy and better finish
Our upgrade pick is the DEWALT DW716 12 in. Double-Bevel... a saw with a 15-Amp motor and speeds of 3,800 RPM for increased power. The saw also features a miter detent plate for increased productivity and cutting accuracy. Besides that, it features a tall sliding fence that supports crown molding for easier bevel cuts.
The miter saw also boasts of an innovative gearbox and belt-drive design for increased vertical cutting capacity. It also guarantees the user optimized cutting accuracy thanks to its precise miter system. Also, it features a lightweight and portable design for users who are always on the move with their tools.
- Powerful motor
- Lightweight design and built-in carry handle ensure for portability.
- Increased bevel capacity and convenient stops.
- Adjustable miter saw laser guide system.
- User manual not adequate enough.
- The blade nicks the front edge of the plastic kerf plate.
- Dust collection system not reliable.
4. Genesis GMS1015LC
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor lock for quick blade changes
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp, dust bag, Two extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for laser
The Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch... features a powerful 15-Amp motor that produces blade speeds of up to 4,600 RPM for more cutting power. It also features a laser guide system for increased cutting accuracy and quicker alignment. Also, if you are looking for more efficiency, this may be the ideal tool as it features nine positive stops at the commonly used angles.
The miter saw is also designed with a die-cast aluminum base for ease of portability and a spindle lock for quick blade changes. It is also fitted with a dust collection bag for a cleaner working environment and a hold-down clamp for holding workpieces in place.
- Powerful motor and higher speeds.
- Laser guide
- Nine positive miter stops
- Electric brake for increased safety.
- Blade retaining fastener gets loose occasionally.
5. DeWalt DW713
- 15 amp, 5,000 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability for the 10-inch miter saw blade
- Stainless steel detent plate with 11 positive stops of the mitre saw provides repeatable accuracy and jobsite duability
- Tall sliding fences of DEWALT miter saw support crown molding vertically 4-1/2-inch and easily slides out of the way for bevel cuts
- Machined-base fence support maintains fence perpendicularity with blade for cutting accuracy
- Cam miter lock for quick and accurate miter table positioning
The DEWALT 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw... has a powerful 15-Amp miter saw with a speed of 5,000 RPM, ensuring the user gets extended power and durability. The saw is also designed with a stainless-steel detent with 11 positive stops for repeatable accuracy and alignment. It is also fitted with a tall sliding fence that vertically supports crown molding and slides out easily to ensure bevel cuts.
The miter saw is also made with a machined base fence support that maintains the fence perpendicularity with the blade for more cutting accuracy. It also features a cam miter lock for quicker and more accurate miter table positioning.
- Powerful motor and fast speeds.
- Lightweight design and built-in carry handle.
- Increased bevel capacity and convenient stops.
- Some models may be incompatible with laser LED light.
- No electric brake.
Things to Know When Buying a Miter Saw
A miter saw is a type of powered saw. While buying one, consider the following considerations beforehand:
Mostly, blades come in sizes 8, 10, or 12 inches, and each user will go for the one that will meet their needs. Equally, you should also consider your particular application and check what blade size it will require. A point to note is that the bigger the blade, the longer the cuts the miter saw blade would give.
Motor Power and RPM
The motor power of your miter saw is a key point to consider too. If you need more speeds and cutting efficiency, the saw that you choose should have a stronger motor with higher power output and speeds. Also, the higher the speeds of the blade, the better, faster, and more accurate the cuts will be.
Each accessory on a miter saw determines its overall performance too. The accessories that are important to consider at the point of sale include safety features like trigger locks, ON/OFF switches, electrical brakes, dust collection ports or bags, laser guides, and digital displays.
Miter saws are either powered by electricity or batteries. Deciding between a corded or a cordless saw will highly depend on your project's needs, whether your work station has that power source, and whether you need a portable or static tool. A cordless miter saw, for example, guarantees ease of portability while a corded one guarantees a constant supply of power.
A positive stop is a factory set point that lets a saw user make cuts more precisely and at specific angles. It is, therefore, crucial to consider how many your desired saw has. Arguably, the more the stops, the lesser the time for setting up cuts.
Choosing the best miter saw can be the guarantee you are looking for making cuts at a variety of angles. As the varieties can be as many as you can choose from, making the right choice is paramount to precise cuts and increased efficiency. The right decision can, however, be easier to make with the considerations described in this article.
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API